Steelyard Drive is the main roadway through Steelyard Commons. Steelyard Drive connects with Quigley Road to the north and Jennings Road to the south:
- Steelyard Drive will be a five (5) lane boulevard through Steelyard Commons.
- Steelyard Drive is designed to accommodate the expected truck and bus traffic utilizing the roadway.
- Steelyard Drive is designed to include dedicated turning lanes into Steelyard Commons and will provide for easy access into as well as ensure safe movement through the shopping center.
- Traffic signals along Steelyard Drive will be coordinated with lights at Jennings and Quigley intersections to allow for the proper movement of vehicles.
- A portion of the new Towpath Trail will provide for pedestrian access along the East side of Steelyard Drive, connecting to sidewalks at signalized intersections to allow for safe and easy access between retail tenants.
- Steelyard Drive will be lined with street trees placed approximately sixty feet on center along both sides of the road creating a tree lined boulevard.
- New street lighting will be provided along both sides of Steelyard Drive at approximately 120' on center to reinforce the boulevard appearance
- At various locations along Steelyard Drive, center islands with trees will separate the north and south bound traffic adding to the visual appeal of the roadway.
- Eight bus stops, some with shelters, located along Steelyard Drive will provide convenient access to public transportation.